Friday, March 2, 2012

I Finished it Friday #2 - Tangerine Tango Quilt Challenge



I have already failed at a few of my goals on my new blog...I haven't posted weekly and I didn't finish a quilt in February but in my defense I did have a baby six weeks ago and I did finish a quilt today which is pretty close to finishing one for February. 

I decided to enter the Tangerine Tango Quilt Challenge at the beginning of February which may not have been the best idea two weeks after my baby boy was born but since I've been home a lot at least it gave me something to do when I couldn't get back to sleep after those 2am feedings. Anyhow, here is my quilt for the challenge. It does accomplish one goal though - designing quilts that are based on places we have traveled. This quilt is based on some photos from our time in New Zealand - hence the name New Zealand Tango.

The front of the quilt is based on Maori piece I saw in a museum. The back of the quilt is based on a brick pattern that I saw all over New Zealand and have many pictures of. The photo I've included here is of the University in Dunedin.



5 comments:

  1. Hat's off to you! A beautiful new baby and a stunning quilt!!! Love the photos and the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm already looking for a new challenge to do this one was really fun!

      Delete
  2. I saw your quilt in the flickr pool and recognised your design as NZ/Maori straight away (I'm a New Zealander). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glad I did the original piece justice. That is always a concern when using something for inspiration.

      Delete
  3. Well done for blogging at all with a 6 week old baby! and as for quilting- you are amazing to do this.
    I look forward tp seeing what else you do.

    ReplyDelete